Thursday, 19 May 2011

Kesgrave Cakes & Cards review

With our youngest child's first birthday approaching I wanted to do something to mark the occasion. We've always had a small family party for our children's 1st birthdays followed a day or so later by a get together with friends, usually at an indoor play area. As Tidgy is our last baby I wanted to do a little something extra so I decided to order a customised cake rather than buy from the supermarket. We've had some lovely cakes over the years but you can't beat a personalised cake. I remember with fondness my Paddington Bear cake from when I was young. 


I got in touch with Sarah from Kesgrave Cakes & Cards as I remembered her from toddler group when Molly was little and I'd seen some of her work at local Pamper Evenings.


Sarah has a huge selection of fab designs on her website and her facebook page but I was undecided about what to have. Sarah asked if there was anything in particular Tidgy liked or if he had a favourite toy and instantly I knew it had to be his Scout teddy. I emailed a photo of the teddy to her and she got to work.






Hubby picked the cake up the day before the party and even he, 'Mr Hard To Please', was impressed. I couldn't wait to get the box open and I was overwhelmed at how fantastic it looked. It was a very emotional moment and I even shed a tear! I'd been feeling anxious all week about my baby hitting one and I hadn't prepared to my usual military precision but seeing the cake brought it all home to me.






Everyone at the party loved the design and we had comments of "Wow!", "Fabulous", "So unique", "It looks just like the teddy". 


It seemed like such a shame to cut it up but most importantly it tasted delicious. Sadly the birthday boy was unable to have any of it as he has been on a gluten-free diet since I ordered the cake but he thoroughly enjoyed his gluten-free chocolate muffin as seen on last week's Silent Sunday post. We managed to get plenty of pieces cut from the cake. There was even enough for Middle B to take to preschool and share with his friends.


If you're local to Kesgrave I can highly recommend Sarah for your cake needs. She's very accommodating and incredibly talented.


We're using her again for our daughter's birthday in June and she'll be having a pony stable cake, which looks fabulous on the website. She can't wait to show it off to her friends!


*This review was written because I was so impressed by Sarah. We were not paid for this review and we  paid for the cakes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to read what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...