Sunday, 10 July 2011

Happy blogoversary to me

happy blogoversary to me, happy blogoversary to meeeeeee, happy blogoversary to me!


www.freedigitalphotos.net


I started blogging in July 2009 for a Heart FM summer family feature. I'd been on twitter for a few months and Kelly from Heart contacted me to ask if we would consider being the Heart Family for the summer, being interviewed and blogging about our time with the children. Where we went, what we did, how we budgeted etc.

I'd not really heard much about blogging at that point but it sounded like a fun feature and I thought I'd give it a go.

Two years down the line and blogging is now a big part of my life. I carried on blogging for a few weeks after the summer and then I fell pregnant and just didn't have time to carry on but since this version of the blog began I am posting regularly and we as a family have gained a lot from my blogging.

Most of all I find it very cathartic writing posts, regardless of whether they are read by someone, commented on or not. It's like free therapy!

In celebration of my second blogoversary I have some fab prizes to giveaway. Each prize is on a separate blog post so take a look at the links below and feel free to enter as many competitions as you wish.


If you're local to Suffolk take a look at my Theatre In The Forest post for your chance to win 2 tickets for Red Rose Chain's magical performance of Twelfth Night on 27th July. (now ended)


Take a look at the other giveaways;


Wizard Of Oz from alexandalexa.com

Valet from John Banks, Ipswich (now ended)

Usborne Farmyard Tales books

Love Righteous salad dressings

Top That! Publishing












3 comments:

  1. Happy Blog-Versary!! Totally agree with you about blogging being cathartic and not being to bothered wether or not people comment. I am fairly new to blogging about a month old. But loving every minute and my husband is seeing the benifit too.. Means he gets more time on his geeky games... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Mrs B :)

    Blogging soon gets addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to read what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...