Monday, 4 July 2011

Theatre In The Forest

In the summer of 2009 when we were the 'Heart Family' we were kindly invited by Red Rose Chain to watch their production of A Winter's Tale in Rendlesham Forest.


I had always wanted to go to an open air theatre performance but Shakespeare isn't hubby's cup of tea and I didn't think it would be of huge interest to the children. I was so very wrong.


Here is my blog post from August 2009:


We went to Rendlesham forest to see Red Rose Chain's Theatre In The Forest. We were a little dubious about taking C as we didn't think he'd sit still long enough but as it was in the forest he and hubby were able to walk about a little when he got restless. From the minute we got there the staff were so helpful and friendly. When we got to the theatre we were offered some of the company's chairs for the children so that they could sit higher. It was very magical sitting in the forest watching the performance of A Winter's Tale, especially when it got darker and the lights came on and the children for their glowsticks out. The show was superb and we all really enjoyed it. The acting, singing and dancing were fabulous. There were puppets at various points of the show and the children loved them. Middle fell asleep about 30 minutes before the end, Girl 10 minutes or so after that but on the walk back to the car she was full of talk about the princess, the bear, the sheep puppets and the singing. She wants to see it again and has made me promise that we will go again next year. I'd love to go again too and even hubby, who has never watched Shakespeare before, would go. Take a look at Red Rose Chain's website and see for yourself... 


The next year TITF was A Midsummer Night's Dream. Tidgy was only a few weeks old so hubby offered to stay at home with the boys while I went with Girl. So that she was aware of the story I showed her the fabulously animated In A Nutshell guide on Red Rose Chain's website a few days before we went.


Hard to believe but the production in 2010 was even more magical and enchanting. The cast are all fantastically talented and have great comic timing! I adored the costumes and Girl loved those that had fairy lights incorporated into their costumes. What girl doesn't link a combination of pink and fairy lights?! I can't wait to see this year's efforts.


TITF productions are for everyone. Funny, captivating, charming and delightful to watch for young and old. This year's show is Twelfth Night and we're all going as Middle was disappointed to have missed out last year. I've shown them the Nutshell guide and they are very excited about going. Thankfully it's not too long before the date the performances start!


Red Rose Chain have been good to us since our first visit, looking after us last year when we needed chairs again and if it starts raining the staff are instantly out with rain macs for you.  Knowing how much my children loved the sheep puppets from A Winter's Tale they even took a photo of them outside their Gippeswyk Hall (home of RRC) just for Girl & Middle. I found that very touching and the children were over the moon that the sheep were there just for them! 


Theatre In The Forest is at Rendlesham Forest from July 27th to August 28th. Tickets can be bought on Red Rose Chain's website 






RRC have very kindly donated 2 tickets to the performance on Wednesday 27th July in celebration of my 2 year blogoversary so if you'd like to be in with a chance of winning do the following;




  1. Take a look at the Twelfth Night Nutshell Guide and tell me the names of the twins
  2. Follow @Him_Me_Three and @Red_Rose_Chain on twitter
Leave a comment below to validate entry, making sure that you leave a twitter name or email address so that you can be contacted should you win.

For extra entry you can do one or both of the following, leaving a comment to let me know what you've done;


Tweet "I would love to have an enchanted evening with @Red_Rose_Chain & @Him_Me_Three www.himmethree.blogspot.com" (One extra entry)
Follow this blog with GFC (one extra entry)

Open to UK residents only.
Prize is two tickets for the performance on Weds 27th July and is non-transferable
Draw will take place on Wednesday 20th July and will be announced on here and on twitter.
Travel to Rendlesham Forest is NOT included.
The tickets will be mailed directly to the winner.








8 comments:

  1. Sounds fascanating, I won't be entering this year as I wouldnt be well enough to go. I will however when my account starts working again follow you on twitter my twitter is @MrsBellers. I love you description very much felt like I was there with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, This sounds awesome, the in a nutshell was great! The twins are Sebastian and Viola and I've followed you both on Twitter. Love reading your blog as makes me realise that we aren't the only Mad house here lol.

    My Twitter is mistresstilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only me Twins are viola and Sebastian I've only started
    reading your blog but it's made me think should I do my own.
    Much love
    Laura hart
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sebastian and Viola. Following both of you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations MistressTilly! You've won the tickets. Hope you have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I Won!!!!!!!! yay, Thank you very much, will DM you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to read what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...