Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Ten on Tuesday 19

Becky from @mummynotes features this week. Becky answered these questions on the evening of 11th February and woke to the news that one of her chosen dinner guests, Whitney Houston, had died. Understandably, I believe Becky was a little freaked out by this!


1.Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Becky, I'm newly into my 30s and living with my wonderful fiance of over 13 years. I'm a stay-at-home-mum to 19 month old Zachary, before then I was a housewife and before that worked in various customer service roles, mostly in call-centres. A far cry from the career in journalism I had planned out whilst at school. Now the only writing I do is on my blog at mummynotes.com
 and that's only when I get off my backside and stop procrastinating.


2.What was the last film you watched?
That was quite a while ago (cBeebies rules in this house), but it was some crappy sci-fi b-movie called "Metal Tornado". It was about a weather experiment that went wrong and created a deadly invisible magnetic tornado. Clearly the creators thought long and hard about the title.

I did say it was crap.


3.Do you have a favourite holiday destination?
Wales without a doubt, not that I'm exactly well-travelled. My fiance and I took our first holiday there and I've always wanted to go back. Unfortunately, the beautiful cliff-side hotel we stayed in has since been demolished and some ridiculously expensive apartments erected in its place.

My dream holiday destination would be anywhere with palm trees, blue seas and not a cloud in the sky.


4.Which 4 people, dead or alive, would you invite to dinner?
No one really, I'm a bit anti-social and wouldn't make a good hostess. Clive Owen, if we were talking about a dinner date. ;) Do fictional people count? Because I'd really love to meet Mr Spock. Hmm... Whitney Houston, because I've been a huge fan since I was a teenager and it would be a dream come true to meet her. And despite being agnostic, God would be very welcome. I've lots of questions for him. Now there's an eclectic mix. :D


5.What was the last website you visited?
Facebook, I check it regularly throughout the day. Even though I don't have many friends lol.


6.What’s your guilty pleasure?
Spending money. Which is a real shame as we have absolutely none at the moment. Chocolate will have to suffice for now.


7.What was the last cd you bought?
An actual physical CD? Now that's a tough one! I honestly can't remember, but I can tell you the first one - it was Meatloaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)". Starting to show my age here.....

The last mp3 I bought was Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind". I prefer to buy singles rather than albums, especially as it's easy to do these days with iTunes.


8.Who makes you laugh?
Cliched, but true - my son. He does the daftest things, just like his daddy!


9.What do you like most about where you live?
The peace and quiet! I'm not a city girl, but spent the first 29 years of my life living in a busy town and hated it. When I fell pregnant with my son, I knew I wanted to raise him somewhere with a slower pace of life, so we sold up and re-located to a roomy home in the country.


10.Describe yourself in 5 words.
Impatient, honest, caring, stubborn, perfectionist. Not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to read what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...