Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Ten on Tuesday No 22

This week it's the turn of @Patorford

Who are you and what do you do?  
I am retired from a very successful career in Corporate Sales and Marketing in the IT industry.  Now involved in village life, the church, friends, wine club, book group, scrabble afternoons, helping friends who run the Pump Street Bakery by taking their bread and pastries to the Snape and Southwold farmers market.   I also sew cushions etc which I sell at the Orford Country Market and have just acquired a printing press so my latest love is Letterpress


How do you spend your spare time? 
I love  to cook for family and friends, love cinema, music, singing, walking, reading. I love going to exhibitions in London, sewing, printing, eating with friends and last but not least with my 3 little grandchildren.


What are you looking forward to most in 2012  
The Jubilee and the Olympics, (I have tickets), what a great year it will be, a once in a lifetime year


Who inspires you? 
My late mother, I still find myself quoting her most days, she would be one of my guests at my fantasy dinner party along with Frank Lloyd Wright, Leonard Cohen, Adam Faith,  Barak Obamah, Charles Rennie Macintosh, Le Corbusier, Janis Ian and Mary Queen of Scots


Describe yourself in 5 words 
Passionate, obsessive, optimistic, warm and friendly.


Who makes you laugh? 
My grandchildren

What was the last thing you treated yourself to? 
A Master Class at University College Birmingham; well it was a gift from my son


Do you have a favourite song? 
It has to be one of Leonard Cohen's but which one, A Thousand Kisses Deep.


What would you tell your 16 year old self?
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.   You are responsible for your life, nobody else is.


What is your favourite meal? 
I love aromatic Middle Eastern food especially North African, so an aromatic tagine, cous cous, baklava, pomegranates, dates, etc etc



Thanks for taking part Pat. It sounds like you have a very busy life despite being retired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to read what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...